ORLAND, IN - Multiple units responded to what is being reported as an electrical fire at Chubby’s restaurant located in Orland, Indiana.
Crews on the scene say a wall socket began smoking on the wall and was apparently smoldering. Quick action by employees and local firefighters were able to contain the blaze. An interior wall had to be ripped into order to stop more damage.
Early reports indicate that no one was injured as a result of this incident.
Chubby’s Fish & Steak, a restaurant favorite in the community, has been locally owned by Kellie and Kevin Kain for over 30 years. Employees, family, and friends gathered outside the restaurant showing support to the Kain family.
(09-24-2020) Lilly Grant to Fund Extended Reality Technology at Trine
(09-23-2020) TrineOnline Degree Programs Now Available Through INTraining
(09-22-2020) Halloween 2020
(09-18-2020) Trine offers Zoom event as part of College Application Week
(09-18-2020) ISP Release Victims Names In Fatal Crash
(09-16-2020) Multi-Vehicle Crash on I-69 near Auburn Claims Three Lives
(09-16-2020) COVID-19 Update and Symptom Tips
(09-16-2020) Problem Solvers Caucus Forms to Bring Second Stimulus Round
(09-15-2020) Man Arrested for Multiple Child Pornography Charges
(09-11-2020) Unemployment Boost Money is Running Out
(09-11-2020) 9/11 Memorial at Trine Canceled
(09-10-2020) Patton Honored with CCH Distinguished Faculty Award
(09-10-2020) Ohio Statewide Effort to Track COVID-19
(09-10-2020) Indiana Adding 95 More Free COVID-19 Testing Sites
(09-09-2020) Floto to Serve as Accreditation Liaison Officer at Trine